Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sugar Cookies

Okay, I honestly think these are THE BEST sugar cookies I have EVER tasted... they are that good. This isn't my recipe (I got it from Clenece years ago) but it is really so yummy!
Sugar Cookies
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
2 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp lemon extract
4 eggs
Mix until fluffy, then add...
5 cups flour
2tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Roll out dough on floured surface and cut into shapes. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Now this is my addition, and I think it's so good on these cookies. You could make it without the lemon and almond extract and put it on a carrot cake... yum!
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 stick of butter
8 oz cream cheese (I use 1/3 less fat)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon
1 tsp almond
and powdered sugar, I don't measure but it's probably about 3 - 4 cups... until it looks like this...

4 comments:

Jamey said...

I have never put lemon or almond in cookies...I just might have to try these. Just looking at your picture, I may have to make cookies today! (I don't have lemon, so I will have to make another kind today)

Erin said...

I have tried these with orange extract and they were so good too. I'm sure you could use any citrus extract and they would taste awesome... or just experiment, I bet for Christmas it would be yummy with peppermint.

Clenece said...

Good Recipe!!

Clenece said...

p.s. Thanks for posting this for me...since I am SO SLOW!!!