All you need is 15 minutes and you have a really fun treat that everyone enjoys!
What you need:
9 cups Chex cereal -- any kind (1 box is a little more that 9 cups)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powered sugar
Here is what you do:
1. Measure out cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
2. In a 1 quart microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 more seconds and stir again. Once the mixture is smooth, add vanilla and stir. Pour over the cereal and stir until coated evenly. Pour covered cereal into a 1 gallon ziplock bag.
3. Add powered sugar. Seal bag and shake until evenly coated. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
**This is so fun! Check out the Chex.com for more Chex recipes.
**I usually add 1/2 cup powered sugar to the bottom of the bag and then add some Chex mix, 1/2 cup powered sugar, Chex mix, 1/2 cup powered sugar, Chex mix. Layering it in the bag helps to distribute the powered sugar more evenly.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
This is not my recipe. Someone shared it at the Ward Relief Society Christmas party and I LOVE it!
Here is what you need:
1 1/2 cups sugar
5 ounce can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups mini marshmallows
11.5 ounce package milk chocolate morsels
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (OPTIONAL)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 inch square baking pan
Here is what you do:
1. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with foil
2. Combine sugar, evaporated milk, batter, and salt in a medium, heavy duty saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat. Stir constantly. Boil, stirring constantly, for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in marshmallows, morsels, nuts, and vanilla. Stir vigorously for 1 minute or intil marshmallows are completely melted. Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
4. Lift from pan and remove foil. Cut and enjoy!!
**This recipe is so good! I think it is the marshmallows! It makes about 49 pieces.
**One tip for thicker fudge: use a 9 x 5 loaf pan and refridgerate for 3 hours.