Thursday, March 26, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake


This is my moms recipe and I have grown up eating it. We never bought angel food cake, she always made this and I love it. You will have to try it...
"Shortcake" for Strawberry Shortcake
1/4 cup soft butter
3/4 cup sugar
*cream together, add
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
*beat for 1 minute, add
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
Mix all together and divide into 9 cupcakes. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool. Divide the cup cake in half and layer cake, strawberries, whipped cream and then do the top layer the same way. I Love it, it is my all time FAVORITE.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I forgot to say that I slice the strawberries and put sugar on them. So simple!

Clenece said...

I just bought angel food cake over the weekend and had this. I was thinking...it would be nice to have a good recipe for this. So thanks for sharing, I'll have to give it a try next time!

Kim said...

It certainly looks PRETTY!