Friday, February 27, 2009

Oh yummy chinese chicken...

This is really, really yummy. I will put a picture up next time I make it...

Simmered Chinese Chicken
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces) and browned in olive oil.
**the recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs. So whatever you want to use would work**
Mix:
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1 TB catsup
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 clove pressed garlic
1 green onion, sliced

Pour over browned chicken. Cover and simmer until done.

Mix:
2 TB cornstarch with 1 TB water.

Remove chicken from skillet. Stir cornstarch mixture into sauce, stirring constantly until thickened.

Serve over rice and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds... IT'S SOOOO YUMMY!

5 comments:

Clenece said...

THIS IS BEYOND YUMMY!!!!!I am so glad you posted this one... It is our family/my favorite recipe.

I have been thinking of posting recipes, so I am glad to see I don't HAVE to have a picture to post!! Thanks Erin!

There are so many new recipes on here I now want to try now!Thank you, I love the BLOG!

Erin said...

Yes I agree... this one is so good. You don't have to post a picture... but if you can that would be great. So please Clenece post some of your recipes... like I want the recipe for your wonton chicken salad. and lots more I just can't think of them right now.

The Schmutz Family said...

That sounds really good but I need a couple of things at the store. I'm excited to try it though.

The Schmutz Family said...

Ok I made it and you guys are RIGHT. It is so yummy!!! Thanks for the recipe. YAY!

Erin said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you liked it!