Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Corn Salsa


I think I may be behind on the times, but I just tried this for the first time the other day at Deedra's house. I love salsa, but I don't always want to make a mess of my kitchen to make it fresh (the only way that is good). This recipe you don't have to chop anything except the cilantro, and tomatoes, if you don't want to use canned.

This recipe I took off of abc4.com (from Good Things Utah), but the first time I just made it from what Deedra had told me and it was the same.

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can corn
handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 cup Zesty Italian dressing

Stir all together. Serve with Scoops tortilla chips.

Deedra had doubled this and had added two different kinds of beans and two different kinds of corn. I thought that was a good idea. Today I tried 1 can black and 1 can pinto beans. I think it's more fun with a couple kinds- besides, if I only made this much it would have been gone in one day because it's so good!

3 comments:

Clenece said...

This is great to see all these recipes...I can't wait to put all these on my Menu!

Erin said...

Yum! I haven't tried this either... it looks so good. Thanks for posting it, I can't wait to try it.

The Schmutz Family said...

I just saw this exact thing on Good Things Utah yesterday. I wanted to try it. Looks yummy.