Monday, February 23, 2009

Guess what time it is???

Yep, you guessed it... Banana Bread time. We love this simple recipe and I always have the ingredients on hand when the bananas get too ripe.

Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
2 cups flour
1 teas. baking soda
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Crush bananas in separate bowl, let sit. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and remaining ingredients (including bananas). Pour into loafs that have been greased really well. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. (I use mini loafs and those take 40 mins at 325.)


Did you know??? You can freeze ripe bananas and then make bread when it's a more convenient time. I freeze them all the time, they will look totally black and when you thaw them they will seem really runny. But your bread will taste the same, PROMISE.

5 comments:

Clenece said...

Looks like a good one!!

The Stratton Family said...

i am making banana bread tomorrow! i will use this recipe for sure!

Dave and Natasha said...

I think I'm going to have to make this! I haven't had banana bread in such a long time!

The Colvins said...

This is was so YUMMY and very EASY! But, it didn't call for any baking powder--is that right? I was nervous that it wouldn't raise so I added 1/4 tsp. baking powder--but maybe it didn't even need it!

Deedra said...

How many mini loafs does this recipe make?