Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup


My sister got this from a friend, passed it on to me and it is too yummy not to pass on to all of you! It is the best chicken noodle soup I have ever had! Isn't it perfect soup weather right now too?!

Chicken Noodle Soup
(Charmayne Orton)

-cook 4 half breasts and shred to the size you like (I used rotisserie chicken)

1 Tbsp. butter
lrg. onion chopped
5-6 cans chicken broth
1 can cr. of chicken soup
7 stalks chopped celery
6 med. carrots chopped
1 tsp. pepper
touch of salt
~ 4 cups of the dried wide homestyle noodles (Do not use egg noodles) I've seen them called Mrs. Miller's Homemade noodles at Woodman's I believe. (I couldn't find these so I used Trader Joes Egg Pappardelle Pasta (shown above) and just broke them into smaller pieces....So yummy!)

Melt butter in pot and sautee onions. Stir in broth, carrots and celery. Cook for 10 min and add chicken, soup, noodles, and seasoning. Bring to boil. Reduce and simmer 45 min stirring frequently. When ready to serve, add 1 cup sour cream and 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese.

(honestly, I don't think you need the sour cream and cheese...BUT it does make it super delicious and creamy!)

No comments: