Friday, July 17, 2009

Cream Pie Filling


This recipe is really interesting. You wouldn't think it would be very good... but IT IS. I got this recipe from a friend awhile ago (thanks Clenece) and I haven't made Banana Cream Pie like I used to since. It really is delicious, you'll have to try it.


Cream Pie Filling
2/3 cup sugar
3T. Cornstarch
3 egg yokes, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 T. Flour
12 oz. canned evaporated milk
Blend all together. Microwave- 3 minutes- stir, 2 1/2 minutes- stir, 2 minutes- stir, 1 1/2 minutes- stir and 1 minute-stir. Then add; 1 T. butter and 1 1/2 t. vanilla.
*Now to make Banana Cream Pie- cover with plastic wrap and cool completely. Pour 1/2 filling into the bottom of your crust (I used a store bought graham cracker crust, but you can also make your own real pie crust) then cut up bananas in the center and top with the remaining filling.
** Now to make Chocolate Cream Pie- stir 3/4 cup chocolate chips into hot mixture. Cool completely and pour chocolate filling into your desired crust.
************TOP EITHER WITH WHIPPED CREAM*****************

2 comments:

Clenece said...

Way to go on the post!!! I am glad you posted this one...I love this one.

Kim asked me for this one again when she was here, so this will save me the time in copying it to her. lol. Thanks!

Kim said...

Yea, I was thinking: Oh I'm glad this has been posted....because I forgot to get it!

It is really good & SOOOO easy!!!! I took a pie to my neighbor and she was in heaven!!!