Sunday, May 3, 2009

Chicken and Rice

What you need:

1/2 cup long grain rice
1 can cream of celery soup
1/4 cup water
2 chicken breasts
seasoning

non-stick cooking spray


Here is what you do:

1) Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour rice, cream of celery soup, and water into the bottom of the cooker and stir.

2) Place chicken breasts on top of rice mixture and season.

3) Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serves 2.


** This recipe is so easy and so delicious. I am sure you double it and serve 4 people. I have not tried it myself, so if you do, please let me know if it changes the cook time.

**The chicken does not have to be thawed, but it does cook faster if it is. I have used chicken tenders instead of breasts and it works just the same.

**The seasoning can be your own taste. The original recipe called for a 2 oz can of mushrooms with water to be added to the rice (instead of just water) and one packet of french onion soup mix on top of the chicken. I have used Mrs. Dash as seasoning and really liked it. The last time I used seasoning salt, salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning. I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yum! I am so excited to try it!!!