Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Slow Cooker Lasagna

What you need:

1 pound ground beef
29 ounce can tomato sauce
8 ounce package lasagna noodles - uncooked
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese

non-stick cooking spray
slow cooker


How it works:

1) Spray interior of cooker with the non-stick cooking spray.

2) Brown the ground beef and drain off drippings (I browned my beef with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and a little bit of garlic salt).

3) Stir in tomato sauce and mix well.

4) Spread one-fourth of meat sauce on the bottom of the cooker.

5) Arrange one-third of the uncooked noodles over the sauce.

6) Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Spread one-third of the cheeses over the noodles

7) Repeat the layers two more times - sauce, noodles, cheese.

8) Top with the remaining sauce.

9) Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.

**The prep time was about a half hour and it was fun for something different. This would definitely work well for Sundays. It is very filling and very delicious. Next time, I think I will make a little extra cheese mixture. I found I was running low by the last layer.

**Hint: Break up the noodles so they fit better in the cooker.

**You can use two small cans of tomato sauce if you do not have a large can. Also, if you like onions, you can add in a chopped onion to the ground beef has you are browning it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a good idea! I will have to try this soon! Thanks!

Kim said...

Sounds so much easier than the regular way. That is why I don't make Lasagna....but I will now. Thanks